Traveling is one of my biggest hobbies. My parents enjoy it as well so since I was a kid we've always been visiting new places every summer. We haven't left the Europe yet but my dad hates going to the same place twice so we've ready visited over 15 countries and found some places I just fell in love with.
If you don't know where to go on holiday this year or if you want to add more places on your "traveling with list", this post may help you a bit :)

Except its special charm, in Greece there's (like in every coastal state) super relaxing atmosphere, people don't hurry that much, they're more open, kind, and more willing to help.
On the other hand when something doesn't work in your apartment, you shouldn't expect that anyone is going to fix it immediately ..
Anyway I love this coastal "slowness". We all need to slow down a little bit from time to time and to realize that the world won't fall apart if we stop rushing.
The only negative is the size of the beach, during the Summers season there are so many people that if you don't arrive there's early in the morning, chances to find a place to lie down are pretty low.


If you don't know where to go on holiday this year or if you want to add more places on your "traveling with list", this post may help you a bit :)
I've visited Greece for two times and definitely not for the last time. I'm still dreaming about buying a little house with cozy working room (or an "atelier") with a large window through which I could watch the sea.
Except its special charm, in Greece there's (like in every coastal state) super relaxing atmosphere, people don't hurry that much, they're more open, kind, and more willing to help.
On the other hand when something doesn't work in your apartment, you shouldn't expect that anyone is going to fix it immediately ..
Anyway I love this coastal "slowness". We all need to slow down a little bit from time to time and to realize that the world won't fall apart if we stop rushing.
Panagia
Panagia is a mountain village on the Thassos island. I chat really explain why is this place so special for me. Basically what you can see and experience there, is the typical greek atmosphere, that I love so much. Old men sitting in the cafés, playing chess, talking .... One day we also experienced kind of "ceremony" there - people were walking in a parade and then there was a musical performance, people were singing, playing guitars and dancing.
Panagia is a mountain village on the Thassos island. I chat really explain why is this place so special for me. Basically what you can see and experience there, is the typical greek atmosphere, that I love so much. Old men sitting in the cafés, playing chess, talking .... One day we also experienced kind of "ceremony" there - people were walking in a parade and then there was a musical performance, people were singing, playing guitars and dancing.


Porto Katsiki
Porto Katsiki is considered as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You can find it on the western coast of the Lefkada island. The beach is lined with sandstone rocks, due to them the water of the sea has beautifully clear blue color.The only negative is the size of the beach, during the Summers season there are so many people that if you don't arrive there's early in the morning, chances to find a place to lie down are pretty low.
Faros beach
Faros beach is not very famous, but absolutely amazing. It's located in the area of Mitikas, about 7km from Preveza. We were staying at Faros apartments, which are located just literally few meters from the beach.
The beach is quite long, so it's perfectly for people who like a lot of space around them and it's also a great place for travellers with dogs :)
Acheron
Acherón is a river in the area of Epirus (north-west Greece). It's a part part the ancient greek mythology - I the name Acheron means "stream of sorrow" and people used to believe that it's a river that flows into the hades. According to another, even older myth, god Acheron who is the son of God Helius? and goddesses Demeter, was became river as a punishment.No matter what role this river plays in Greek history, it's a place you should definitely see. The water of Acheron is crystal clear and the little white stones at the bottom cause its beautiful blue-green colour.








No comments:
Post a Comment