I'm super anti-talented at art. I can't play any musical instrument well. I used to play the reccorder as a kid, I can play the basic kid songs on the piano and play few guitar chords. I can't draw. I'd love to learn that but I have no idea how. I'll probably never learn to draw portraits or nature oil paintings. In terms of dance .. my moves are often pretty tragic. If I don't know the exact steps, I can't follow the rhytm most of the time ... However I love all of those activites so much.
I could tell myself "Give up. You're not good enough. Stop that." ... But I don't do that. I create. I draw, pain, do music, dance, sing and write. I do it my way. I create my own techniques. I don't need anyone to rate me, I don't need to compare my work with anyone else ... At that moment, it's just me and my little art.
I've always been scared of living average life. Doing stereotypical job where I'd go and do the same work every single day and not being able to create anything that brings me joy and brings joy to other people. I believe that if you rally want something, if you feel it withing your whole body ... The dream will come true. Maybe it won't be tomorrow, maybe it won't be easy at the beginning, but it will come one day. I experienced that ony my own. While my friends were getting part-time jobs in supermarkets and bakeries, I'm sitting at home, wrapped in a blanket with a cup of hot tea, editing videos, creating website design and writting articles. Maybe I don't make much money yet. But the joy that comes will the work is priceless.
I believe that creativity is natural to all of us. We have to stop comparing our work to other people and we have to find our own way of creating art. I know so many people who are scared to sing because someone someday told them they can't sing. So they keep silent. They listen to the other people singing and they're sad because they will never be so good. If you give people a pen and a piece of paper to draw something, most of them reject it and say "I'm sorry. I can't draw".
Not everyone will become the next DaVinci. Not everyone will sin in the opera. Not everyone has the talent to win international dance competitions. But that's not what is art about. Art is about self-expression - through pictures, photos, music, graphcis, movies, dance, poetry ... You don't need a special talent. Just throw away all of your blocks and limitations, which you created for yourself through the years. Maybe one day you'll discover your talent in an area where you'd never look for it.
Forget about other people and other artists.
This is your life.
There are not rules, nobody has the right to tell you what's wrong or right.
It's up to you. Turn your life into your own masterpiece.
I could tell myself "Give up. You're not good enough. Stop that." ... But I don't do that. I create. I draw, pain, do music, dance, sing and write. I do it my way. I create my own techniques. I don't need anyone to rate me, I don't need to compare my work with anyone else ... At that moment, it's just me and my little art.
I believe that creativity is natural to all of us. We have to stop comparing our work to other people and we have to find our own way of creating art. I know so many people who are scared to sing because someone someday told them they can't sing. So they keep silent. They listen to the other people singing and they're sad because they will never be so good. If you give people a pen and a piece of paper to draw something, most of them reject it and say "I'm sorry. I can't draw".
Not everyone will become the next DaVinci. Not everyone will sin in the opera. Not everyone has the talent to win international dance competitions. But that's not what is art about. Art is about self-expression - through pictures, photos, music, graphcis, movies, dance, poetry ... You don't need a special talent. Just throw away all of your blocks and limitations, which you created for yourself through the years. Maybe one day you'll discover your talent in an area where you'd never look for it.
Forget about other people and other artists.
This is your life.
There are not rules, nobody has the right to tell you what's wrong or right.
It's up to you. Turn your life into your own masterpiece.








No comments:
Post a Comment