Every single day, there are so many advertisements all around us, advertisements for miraculous skin creams, unsolicited lipstick, mascaras for super huge lashes, cleansing toners for instantly clear skin ... It's an ilusion. Mostly, these products have just nice packaging and the product itself is full of chemistry, that only destroys our skin in long term.
For me, switching to natural cosmetics was a bit difficult at the beginning. So why is it so important to make this change and how to make it as easier as possible?
My story
I've been suffering from acne for manz years. I used to use tons of makeup to cover all the imperfections and I didn't care about the ingredients in all those products at all. When I became interested in the problem of animal testing, I started thinking about alternative ways. On the other hand, whenever I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I just wasn't able to give up make-up completely.
Then I wrote an article about dangerous ingredients in common cometics product on this blog ... suddenly I could't take a step back. I threw away all the makeups and I finally knew that I don't want to continue harming my skin as well as hurting the innocent animals in the laboratories and the enviroments that suffers from the effects of all the chemicals.
Natural vs conventional cosmetics
The biggest difference between natural and conventional cosmetics is the source of the ingredients. Natural cosmetics is made with all-natural ingredients - essential oils (which work as conservants and give the products nice smell), plant oils (coconut, almond, olive oil ...), natural gums (guar gum, aarabic gum, xanthan gum) etc.
Natural cosmetics contain no parabens, silicones and other chemicals, which often cause allergic reaction and they are potentially connected to cancer. Using natural cosmetics brings long term positive effect, however they may show in a bit longer time. We're often looking for quick solutions so we use cosmetcis that seems to work at the beginning but in long term, it just completely destroy our skin/hair/nails.
How to recognize natural cosmetics?
Attractive label saying "with Aloe Vera extract" definitely doesn't guarantee, that the product is natural. So take your time to read the list of ingredients properly and look for any of these logos:
How to switch to natural cosmetics?
For me, switching to natural cosmetics was a bit difficult at the beginning. So why is it so important to make this change and how to make it as easier as possible?

I've been suffering from acne for manz years. I used to use tons of makeup to cover all the imperfections and I didn't care about the ingredients in all those products at all. When I became interested in the problem of animal testing, I started thinking about alternative ways. On the other hand, whenever I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I just wasn't able to give up make-up completely.
Then I wrote an article about dangerous ingredients in common cometics product on this blog ... suddenly I could't take a step back. I threw away all the makeups and I finally knew that I don't want to continue harming my skin as well as hurting the innocent animals in the laboratories and the enviroments that suffers from the effects of all the chemicals.
Natural vs conventional cosmetics
The biggest difference between natural and conventional cosmetics is the source of the ingredients. Natural cosmetics is made with all-natural ingredients - essential oils (which work as conservants and give the products nice smell), plant oils (coconut, almond, olive oil ...), natural gums (guar gum, aarabic gum, xanthan gum) etc.
Natural cosmetics contain no parabens, silicones and other chemicals, which often cause allergic reaction and they are potentially connected to cancer. Using natural cosmetics brings long term positive effect, however they may show in a bit longer time. We're often looking for quick solutions so we use cosmetcis that seems to work at the beginning but in long term, it just completely destroy our skin/hair/nails.

How to recognize natural cosmetics?
Attractive label saying "with Aloe Vera extract" definitely doesn't guarantee, that the product is natural. So take your time to read the list of ingredients properly and look for any of these logos:

You don't need to make any radical changes and get rid of all the cosmetic products you have at home. Just try not to buy more of them and use more natural products than the chemicals ones. If you use your old beloved eyeshadows or a lipstick once in a while .. It's totally fine :) The first step is always limiting the consumption.
Some of the cleansing products - toner, makeup removers, peelings, facial masks etc. can be also easily made at home. You can make simple peeling by mixing oil or combination of oils (coconut, olive, avocado, almond ...), sugar or coarse salt (you can also use oats for more gentle peeling). You can add essential oils, coconut, coffeee, herbs and create your perfect peeling.
You can also make homemade toner using for example green tea, oats, salt and essential oils.
When making your own cosmetics, try to make just little of each thing becasue the lack of chemical conservants means that cosmetics won't last for so long. If you don't want to do your own, at least you can try lavander or rose water, that is completely natural, perfectly cleanses, hydrates and refreshes the skin.
Some of the cleansing products - toner, makeup removers, peelings, facial masks etc. can be also easily made at home. You can make simple peeling by mixing oil or combination of oils (coconut, olive, avocado, almond ...), sugar or coarse salt (you can also use oats for more gentle peeling). You can add essential oils, coconut, coffeee, herbs and create your perfect peeling.
You can also make homemade toner using for example green tea, oats, salt and essential oils.
When making your own cosmetics, try to make just little of each thing becasue the lack of chemical conservants means that cosmetics won't last for so long. If you don't want to do your own, at least you can try lavander or rose water, that is completely natural, perfectly cleanses, hydrates and refreshes the skin.








No comments:
Post a Comment