Saturday, June 2, 2018

What's next?

I'm alive. Living more in the real life than the virtual one for past couple of weeks.

photos: Martin Florian
Last week, I officially became a "maturant" (high school senior) at the graduation ball. Suddenly, the evening we were awaiting for 8 years is over. I can't believe that. The night was great - beginning with the magical dance performace, couple of classical dance sessions, collective dancing and screaming "Deeespaacito", funny drunk moments of some participants and our erfect midnight surprise performance ... And suddenly it's 3 a.m., I'm standing at the hall of our apartment and I feel like it's just an hour from the moment when my mom was desperately finishing my messy updo, I was dressing up and then nervously putting on my dancing shoes.

Everything that seemed so far for such a long time is suddenly gone. My last high school exam is in just 4 months. And then - what's next?



No matter what we were complaining about for the last couple of years, the questions which arise now are way more scary. When someone asks me what am I planning to do next, I always say just "I have no idea". Most of the people stare at me a think "How is it possible, that you still don't know?" And I'd really love to find out some intelligent, mature answer ... But I ask myself the same question as well and even when answering myself, I have to admit I still don't know the answer.

Should I go to the University? Even though I haven't found one ideal program? Should I be looking for a job? Should I stay at Czech Republic or travel around the world? What do I really want ot do in life? Where do I want to live, what do I want to do for living?



I've never wanted to follow the average life scenarios. Doing things like everyone else, following the crowd, doing things automatically ... I've always felt like everything I do needs to have a purpose. For me. For others. For the world. That's why I've been dreaming about getting on a plane right after I finish the high school .. And just leave. Go somewhere far away. And maybe find all the answers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment