“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
― Neil Gaiman
I think the life can be divided to three parts according to our passion for fairytales - childhood, when we want us parents to read the fairy tale books for us all over again, the season when we think that fairy tales are embarassing and childish and finally the part of our life (that starts at the point I got on about a half year ago through Tumblr), when we start seeing some "another dimension" in them and we're starting to discover, that they contain so many things to think about and lot of wise advices for life. And because this year one of my favourite fairy tales is celebrating its 150th birthday, I'd like to share with you the wisdom, I learned from it.
![]() |
| source: Tumblr.com |
Note: Everyone can understand each quote a bit different way. I'm certainly not saying, that this is how the author wanted the book to be understood .. Maybe the quotes have much deeper thought, maybe I found something that was not intended. Anyway .. this is how I see Wonderland and its wisdom :)
I hate when I fail at everything I do, I destroy everything I touch, I have milions of troubles, bad mood .. And someone tells me something in style of that "some people are much worse". It feels like your troubles mean nothing, that you are focusing on craps that don't really matter. On the second side, it's true - and I'm finally getting back to the quote - we sometimes really deal with things that we should rather let hgo. Sometimes it's better to let things flow, and not to get more stressed. Maybe one day there will come more serious problems, more important decision and we will just laugh on the irrelevance of our troubles from past.
We spend a lot of time thinking about what we are not satisfied with, what we don't like about our life, what we're missing. We focus on everything negative, everything we don't want - but we don't actually know what we want. And this is perfectly captured by this quote. We want to achieve something, we want to get somewhere, but we don't really know where are we going. And it's quite hard to find the right way when you don't know the goal. Lesson from this quote? Focus on what you want to have, who you want to be, what do you want to achieve .. and don't think about what you're not satisfied with.
Sometimes so important changes happen in our lifes, so breaking points, that somehow we are really becoming a different person .. During the life we are learning all the time - and I'm not talking about school and studying overall, because this form of education is just a small part of what we actually learn in life - and after all the time we can become someone so different, that maybe if we met the versions of us from past, we'd have nothing to talk about with them. We move forward every day, we change - day-to-day we become different person.
I'll follow up on the previous wuote - if someone calls you crazy for your attitude and your thinking - take it as a compliment. Because if so, being crazy is the best thing you can become in life. (now I think I've already seen this sentence somewhere ... well who cares, #StayPlagiarist)
This quote is perhaps my most favourite. Time is quite magical thing. Altough from a physical point of view, a minute it's just a minute and a day is still a day and we can't slow down or speed up the time - in real time, we actually have this power. Some moments - unforgettable memories, altought they are really just moments - seconds, minutes .. can become infinities. They stay with your your whole life, they stay in your head, in your heart. It's the smile you see every time you close your eyes, words we hear in your head after couple of years when somebody said them ... Memories, experiences. It doesn't matter how long they actually last - at last they're becoming forever anyway.
Simple and true. Before you can achieve something, you have to belive you can. You have to be able to imagine it, to believ that the imagination will come true. Don't let anyone to tell you dissuade you from your dreams. Never let anyone convince you, that you are not able to fulfill your dreams. Nothins is impossible. You just have to dream, believe, don't afraid to risk, be brave and follow your goal no matter how much it takes. Then you can prove anything.
What is your favourite quote from the Alice in Wonderland ?
















No comments:
Post a Comment