Wednesday, May 4, 2016

#1 DAIRY series: 10 Health Reasons to Give Up Dairy

I was thinking about giving up dairy for a long time - from ethical and also health reasons. But it was too hard for me. As a kid I used to be cheese lover - feta, mozarella, blue cheese - I used to love all of them. Also I used to have yogurt for breakfast almost every morning. And giving up ice cream, sour cream, butter, the food that used to be a part of my daily diet plan ? That seemed absolutely impossible for me. On the other hand I began to realize more and more reasons to actually give up dairy. Right now I limit my dairy consumption to minimum - I gave it up almost completely, I just had some weak moments when I ate something containing dairy. But moreover I wasn't only able to give up dairy - I don't even MISS it at all.

cows on pasture
Since our childhood we've been told that dairy if healthy. That it contains calcium that we need for healthy bones and also it contains protein that our body needs too. NOPE. This information is very distorted by the dairy industry trying to keep their bussiness and trying to convince to buy dairy by sharing this false information. In fact more and more studies show that dairy has a lot of negative effects on our health and I think that these effects greatly outweigh the positive effects we're convinced about.

Some of the negative effects of cow milk consumption are:

  1. Dairy raises our level of insulin, which cause blood sugar swings that lead to OVEREATING, SKIN PROBLEMS and also to DIABETES.
  2. For a lot of people, dairy consumption is one of the worst ACNE triggers.
  3. Estrogen in cow's milk may cause MOOD SWINGS.
  4. Artificial insemination of cows often cause INFECTION, that is partly mantained in milk you buy in a shop.
  5. It's a myth that we need dairy for healthy strong bones. In fact the newest studies who that calcium found in dairy milk actually increase RISK OF OSTEOPOROSIS (ilness that causes brittle bones)
  6. High dairy consumption increases risk of breast, ovary and prostate CANCER.
  7. Dairy cows are often given ANTIBIOTICS so it's possible that when you get ill and you'll get antibiotics from your doctor, they won't work for you!
  8. Dairy may worsen the symtomps of AUTISM.
  9. IT IS NOT NATURAL. The substances in dairy milk are created for baby cows to grow up. We are not baby cows. We're human. We don't need these substances, in fact they can cause serious health problems in human body. Dairy supporters have a lot of arguments but in my opinion it's hard not to agree with this statement. Drinking milk from another animal just doesn't make sense. Would you drink dog's or horse's milk?
  10. More and more people are INTOLERANT or ALLERGIC to dairy. More and more people have problems with digesting dairy milk. Why? It's simple - a) the dairy milk is not what it used to be and most of the cows are not walking with their calves on a meadow as they used to in past and b) cow milk just do not belongs to human bodyStále více lidí trpí LAKTÓZOVOU INTOLERANCÍ nebo ALERGIÍ na mléčné výrobky. Čím dál více lidí má problémy s trávením kravského mléka. Proč? Jednoduše proto, že kravské mléko a) není rozhodně to co bývalo a většina krav se neprohání s telátky po loukách, jak to bylo dřív a b) kravské mléko prostě do lidského organismu nepatří.
Through this post I'd like to start a serie about dairy and dairy industry. In next article I'd like to tell zou about some ethical reasons to give up dairy, also I will tell you something about the positive affects that may appear when you remove dairy from your diet and also I'll try to help you with adding some full replacement of dairy milk into your diet plan :)

DAIRY SERIES:
PART #3: Yogurt & Cheese

Sources:
http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/
https://authoritynutrition.com/is-dairy-bad-or-good/
http://www.peta.org/features/got-autism-learn-link-dairy-products-disease/
http://www.peta.org/living/food/reasons-stop-drinking-milk/
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/how-dairy-affects-your-hormones/

No comments:

Post a Comment